Friday, March 31, 2017

Netflix-Where Good Intentions go to Die.

I am one of those people who works 8 hours a day comes home puts on sweat pants have the intentions to wash dishes, do laundry, or straighten up the house; and then I see the T.v. and then I lay down turn on that T.v. and watch Netflix, knowing full well that it looks like W.W. 3 has erupted in my house. I have hope and dreams of cleaning and then Netflix

I think if we set aside a certain amount of time to clean and watch Netflix I believe things will be better.  For Jon and I we have been doing a load of laundry washing a batch of dishes and straighten up the house watch an hour of Netflix usually Grey's Anatomy for about an hour, scripture and prayer and then we talk till we both are asleep.  For us this helps break the cycle of binge watching several hours of Netflix or Xbox.  

Idaho weather has very interesting the last couple of months but I believe that spring is finally here and I have been looking around when I am driving and I am like when did they put in that bench or when did they add in this store or when did this house burn to the ground.  I have become so absent minded due to spending too much time with my phone, watching Netflix, 

Heavenly father put us here on earth to take care of it and to not be idle, (this means being lazy).  I don't like being lazy because when I am moving around doing stuff it is so much harder because I am not active like I should be and I feel very fat and sluggish, even though I am only 120 pounds and 5 foot 5.  I hate this feeling!  That is why people fail to work out because they have been cherishing the good life of Netflix Cheetos,soda, and bonbons, and when they work out they can't breath their muscils are soar and they are like this is not worth it.  
Since Jon is a fire fighter he has be active in order to be able to carry people from a building on fire, and he has been going to these training and when he gets home he is drenched in sweat, and then for weeks he wants to work out because he feels weak, and then he works out and it gets to hard, he is soar for days, he is cranky because he hurts but wants to work out, because he hurts he wants to lay down and then he sees the t.v. and then he turns it on turns on Netflix and then bing watches what ever show he wants to watch.  
This is what the cycle looks like:


I am not against Netflix when you are done with doing stuff with your family, church, work, etc.  It is a great way to relax and enjoy your favorite show, but we need some self control as to how much we watch or play.  

No comments:

Post a Comment