Friday, March 17, 2017

Anxiety... It is a Big Deal

Have you ever blown up a balloon and you feel like hey that that is good enough and then somebody tells you need to fill it up some more.  You fill it up knowing that if you blow it up some more that balloon is going to burst, so you prepare for that scare that you are going to get when it does burst the fear rises and then the person tells you to stop you feel relief and then they tell you to blow it up some more so the the fear jumps and rises and then it burst.
This is how anxiety feels.  You can feel fearful , sad ,lonely, hateful.  You will probably cry, you might even lash out at everyone and everything that you care about.  You can take medication for it but it can make it worse or make you sleepy and when you fall asleep the anxiety will still be there when you wake up.
  
I deal with anxiety, I have my whole life.  Anxiety of failing a test, anxiety of losing my parents, anxiety of not being good enough, anxiety of not being able to understand things. I use to take medication for my depression because my anxiety got so bad that I ended thinking it would all go away if I just end it all.  Then one night something tragic happened to my family, and I thought to myself what type of roll model am I setting for my sisters.  I don't want them to see what I have to go through and think oh well if she can do that then why can't I do that?
I started to meditate but that didn't help much, I went to counseling, yeah it helped with some of the issues I have but it did not stop all the other anxiety that I felt that would come out of the blue.  What did help was music and doing something with my hands.  I play the piano, I crochet, I am constantly doing something with my hands even if it is just twirling my thumbs.  I started to blog to help with my grief but I have found that it helps with my anxiety.  
There are so many people out there who are diagnosed every day with anxiety that they will shrug it off and think "Oh I can manage that with just a nap or it does not exist"  It does exist, it is scary, and it is very hard to manage, but with will power, the right influence you can over come your anxiety.
We cam on this earth knowing the hardship we would face but I believe we didn't know the feeling of these hardships, but I also believe that not knowing the feeling of the hardships, we would not turn to our Heavenly father and ask for his help.  If we just ask for his help we can become stronger in him and in faith
.  

2 comments:

  1. I have anxiety and a few times when I get anxiety, it usually leads to that I can't drive a vehicle. You have made the exact point on how anxiety is and what it can do. If you ever feel anxiety and just needs to talk to someone I'm here if you need me! I love you and miss you dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for replying.... I had a really bad anxiety attack when I was blogging this article however just talking to Jon about what is going on helped so much that I was able to post this.

    ReplyDelete