Thursday, March 2, 2017

Time Out For Women 2017

So I am very excited for this weekend because I have been given the opportunity to go to Time Out For Women!!!  Two years ago I was given the opportunity to go for my very first time, and I didn't know what to expect going, but I do not regret a thing.  Friday night I got to listen to Mercy River Perform and those three girls are so amazing.  They had us up on our feet enjoying ourselves. For the spirit that I felt when I had listened to them sing I knew that I wanted to (and I have) listen to them all day long, so I purchased their CD that they were selling.   It made me so excited for Saturday and Saturday was just as much as exciting as I have ever hoped for. there were so many great speakers but there was one that stood out to me and I wish I knew who the speaker was but her story went like this.  She had met her returned missionary and they got married and they were going to school at the time and right after they got married they ended up getting pregnant with her son, and shortly after that her and her husband both decided to wait a while to have children.  When they both agreed when they wanted to go for another child she had planned that by the end of that month she would plan on getting pregnant give birth during the summer break of school and then she can have time with her child however one month passed and then three months passed and then after a year of trying for a baby she finally became pregnant and her plan was back on schedule, and then three months latter she had lost that baby. Heavenly father is in charge of our plan we are not.  We can plan things but things sometimes don't go as planned.  I had planned a Christmas party for some friends and family and everything had gone to plan.  the house was cleaned the food was out, i had on my ugly Christmas Sweater and I was getting some dice for a game and I knew that there were some in a box of games and i was trying to balance myself with holding the box trying to get some dice and bam i drop the box and all the pieces had fallen onto the floor the couch everywhere.  yes it was just pieces but there was glass everywhere because it was my husbands game of Axis and Allies and if you all know how to play he included nuclear weapons and since there is no pieces like that he used broken light bulbs.  so there is glass everywhere, and the party was just about to start in the next five minutes.
Things happen no matter what you have planned for.  Heavenly father is in charge it might stink at first but we don't know the bigger picture and after a while knowing that one event that at the time was horrible there was a reason why.


No comments:

Post a Comment