Monday, February 22, 2016

My Hero's

So I just wanted to take a minute to update what is going on in my little life because I haven't posted anything in a while so here is the spill...Jon and I were able to go to the temple last Tuesday and while we were in Twin we stopped at the Police department because they are hiring police officers and that is Jon's dream job is to become a police officer.  They took his application and told him that they are testing on the 26 of February...yikes only a few days of training and we have been training our butts off...Jon is certified to be an E.M.T. and so he has been volunteering with the hospital and then just the other day he turned in his application to become a a volunteer fire fighter and was accepted for that and it boosted his chances of getting that because he is an E.M.T. so tonight he was given some of his equipment for fire fighter and I think he looks good in his uniform he looks very small in it.
Heavenly father hears our prayers in all things but we need to remember that we need to follow his timing.  we can have plans and more plans but things don't always work out but sometimes things work out better than expected.
This post is called hero's because Jon is my hero, but my father is my hero.  He was in the Navy.  He was a cop and a fire fighter before I was born.  My mom has told me stories about when they were first married how he was working for B.L.M. fighting fires and there was one fire that she did not hear from him for days and when she did hear him it was only for a few minutes.  I come from a line of military men and if i had a better back and hip and hearing I would have joined the Navy but things happened and my purpose is here and we all need to learn that it is not our timing but or father in heaven.
I wish i had a picture of my dad when he was in the Navy but I don't and I would have to find a really old picture of him or find one of the old Navy Yearbooks, but here is my Jon.  He looks so good in his uniform.  

2 comments: