Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Listen to the Still Small Voice

Jon and I were able to go to the temple yesterday and it was an amazing day but it was cloudy and kinda breezy and because it is still the middle of winter it was kinda dead.  we were walking hand in hand to the front of the temple and Jon was like look even the dead plants in the flower beds want to come in but the temple won't let them in because they are not worthy to come into the temple.  The temple is such a beautiful place that I don't want heavenly father to tell me that I am not worthy to enter into the temple.  I want to be able to listen to what my father is telling me.  Later that night Jon and I were having scripture study and we were in 1Kings 19:11-12 it reads And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord.  And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not the wind: and after the wind an earthquake;but the Lord was not in the earthquake: And After the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.
Heavenly father is there but he is not the one that causes heartache or misery for us he is the one to let us know that hey everything is all right I am here.  He is there to listen to us when we need help and guidance.  I was in relief society Sunday and to me that is a big deal because most Sundays I am working so I can't go to Relief society but I managed to go.  Our teacher who her daughter has suffered so much in her life, and just adding one more thing to her was about it and she was like mom I give up.
We sometimes get to that point in our lives that we see all this distraction going on in our lives that can impact us negatively but if we hold on look up and listen to that still small voice we can make it back to our Father in Heaven.  He did not send us here on earth to fail, he sent us here to learn and grow so when we come back to him we can tell him all we learned from our mistakes and thank him for sending us there because we have a greater understanding of why we needed to come to earth.  Right now we don't know everything that is going to happen but I promise you al this, go to your Bishop if you feel like you are not worthy to go to the temple he will help and guide you so that you can be one day ready to go to the temple.  He knows the blessings that our Father in Heaven has in store for us.  Trust in him.
A quote by Howard W. Hunter: Perhaps what this world needs, is to look up to look up in our joys as well as our afflictions, in our abundance as well as in our need.
I left a link that if anybody wants to listen to this talk it is so worth it and you will be blessed to hear it.
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2003/04/sweet-power-of-prayer?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment